Wanted - Head of Systems and Operations
- Salary: £35 - £40k
- Closing Date: 31st May 2017
- Contact: Neil Robson
- Location: This is a permanent position working in our Exeter office
- Reporting to: Parking Services Director
Rezcomm is a fast moving, innovative Technology company that provides ecommerce, CRM and Digital Solutions to the Airport, Parking and Leisure Industries. Based with its Head Quarters at the Award Winning Exeter Science Park in Exeter, its offices boast an impressive environment from which to work and collaborate with likeminded colleagues, who have a passion for what they do. We’re now looking for someone with Star qualities to join our exciting business as we enter a new phase of our expansion.
Having enjoyed great success over the past decade in delivering innovative technical solutions to its clients, Rezcomm are now embarking on the next exciting phase of its development as the business expands internationally. This senior job vacancy comes at one of the most exciting times in the companies’ development history, opening an opportunity for a Head of Systems and Operations to join our talented and highly effective team.
Working alongside the wider Rezcomm team, the successful candidate will be instrumental in delivering complex eCommerce systems with CRM and Business Intelligence components to our UK and international customers. This demanding but rewarding hands-on role, comes with full responsibility of the day to day operation of our Technical Department including the account management of new and existing customers.
Acting as the liaison between business users and technical teams, both internal and external, you will be required to deliver ongoing support to customers including the production of regular reports from various in-house systems and attend occasional business review meetings when necessary, which may involve travel outside of the UK. As a primary contact for our customers that utilise our fully managed service, you will be responsible for the updating and maintenance of the customers’ ecommerce environment including the updating of products and pricing when requested by the client.
As a senior member of our team, you will also be involved in the troubleshooting and Quality Assurance testing of products and the creation of new QA tests as new products are developed and launched. The success of Rezcomm is largely down to its unique collaborative approach to supporting its clients, many of whom rely on us to deliver and support solutions that make a significant revenue contribution to their business.
As Head of Systems and Operations, you will work closely with our clients and the various stakeholders to support a variety of initiatives, where our solutions play a pivotal part in the overall delivery process. As part of a dynamic, experienced and dedicated team, you will also be expected to take on ad hoc tasks working alongside the management team with direct responsibility for ensuring that a first class service is delivered to our clients at all times.
- - Managing a growing team including programmers, analysts and support specialists
- - Evaluating and understanding the functionality of systems to support our continuous improvement program
- - Consulting system users to ascertain needs and requirements and to ensure that facilities meet clients (including end users) expectations
- - Selecting and purchasing the appropriate hosting environment and managing IT budgets for new projects with the assistance of the IT Director
- - Ensuring software licensing laws are followed, particularly data security for ISO 27001 and GDPR with assistance from other Senior Managers
- - Implementing and managing system security and/or integrity and backup procedures
- - Managing new projects and scheduling upgrades
- - Providing user training, support, advice and feedback to clients and in-house teams
- - Testing and implementing modifications to systems, to ensure that that they operate reliably
- - Managing secure network access for clients and users
- - Keeping up to date with new technology and innovations
- - Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
- - Training new staff and clients
Key Skills Required
With various ongoing projects across a varied client base, you will need to possess a broad range of skills to succeed in this role including:
- - Good inter-personal, problem-solving and analytical skills
- - Good technical translator
- - Strong verbal and written communication skills
- - Understanding of a systems development life cycle.
- - Excellent Organisational skills
- - Excellent IT skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, MS project
- - Proficiency in MySQL database administration
- - Highly numerate individual with passion for analytics, with strong data analysis and numerical skills
- - The ability to work well under pressure
- - Attention to detail is critical for this role
- - Management and teamwork/leadership skills
- - Ability to prioritise
- - Ability to work both as part of a team but also, on occasions, independently without supervision
- - Desire to deliver top quality service and prepared to go the extra mile to ensure we satisfy the expectations of demanding clients
- - Fault diagnosis at a system level where several systems interoperate to deliver the services
Experience in the following areas would be extremely advantageous:
- - A minimum of 5 years IT related professional experience
- - A Bachelor’s Degree or similar in one or more of the following areas; computer science, business, finance, analytics or and/or project management
- - Quality Control of system developments and experience of administering software systems and product suites for internal and external use.
- - Previous project and account management experience
- - Experience using various project management methodologies such as Agile or Prince
- - Experience of working with business tools including but not restricted to - MS Office, Project and Tracking systems such as Redmine
- - Experience of working with content management systems such as Joomla
- - Experience of working with ecommerce and/or CRM systems
- - Fluency in French and/or German or another language would be a major benefit